4mm Scale carriage springs in lost wax brass. The Stockton & Darlington Railway built a large number of coaches using these 7’ springs in the 1860’s and 70’s. They were used on 27’ 6” under frames for both 1st, 2nd and 3rd class coaches as well as smoking saloons, composites, 2nd brakes and clerestory brakes. The coaches were used on the Stainmore line and ran on the Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith Railway. The coaches were taken over by the North Eastern Railway and at least one survives at Beamish Museum. The springs were also standard on coaches of lots of other railways of the time, including those that ran in Cumbria, so there is scope for lots of applications.
To make use of the springs modellers will also need the Saddle Ends, which are available from Prickley Pear Products.
©Cumbrian Railways Association - Registered Charity Number 1025436.